|Adamjee Insurance is equipped with Comprehensive Project Insurance. This multi line policy provides cover to both erection and construction risks, also provides comprehensive protection.
Comprehensive Project Insurance offers all-in-one insurance protection for the entire duration of a project. The multi-line policy provides cover for pre storage followed by construction/erection, testing/commissioning and finally maintenance works.
The cover ceases once the project has been completed and/or
handed over to the operator or the employer.
The policy can be taken out for civil engineering and infrastructure projects but also for the erection of machinery, plant or steel structures of any kind. The insurance may be concluded by the employer and/or by the contractors engaged in a project, including all subcontractors.
The comprehensive project insurance policy has the following structure:
In addition a marine cargo cover, including marine BI, marine (air, sea, and inland transit), and marine DSU, could be attached in order to provide a comprehensive project cover from the beginning.
Depending on the type of project and requested scope of cover, the insured can take out any of the above sections and tailor his Comprehensive Project Insurance Policy in accordance with his insurance requirements.
- General section (Definitions, general exclusions and general conditions)
- Section IA (Material damage)
- Section IB (Plant, machinery & equipment)
- Section II (Third party liability)
- Section III (Delay in start-up)
The general section contains definitions, general exclusions and general conditions which are applicable to all sections. The general exclusions are in line with those found in construction and erection all risks insurance policies used in the international insurance markets.
Section IA (Material damage) represents a combined construction and erect ion all risks coverage and follows the same insurance principles as outlined under CAR/EAR. This section thus provides a very wide cover and is subject to only few standard exclusions.
Section IB (Plant, machinery and equipment) is based on the existing CPM policy, however, with the exception that it covers not only construction and erection machinery and plant but also the temporary equipment (e.g. camps, stores, scaffolding) installed at
a construction or erection site and not only that belonging to the contractors but also to the insured employer.
Section II (Third party liability) coverage is provided for third party claims in respect of property damage or bodily injury arising in connection with the execution of a construction or erection project. This insurance section also contains a cross liability clause according to which the insurance applies to the insured parties named in Section IA as if a separate policy had been issued to each party.
Section III (Delay in start-up) indemnifies the insured employer for a loss of the interest insured as a result of delayed commencement of the business insured caused by an accident covered under Section IA.
Compared with the traditional CAR/EAR covers this new CPI also provides cover, among other things, for:
The insurer will indemnify loss or damage due to the following causes:
- Material consequential loss as a result of manufacturer's fault
- Property belonging to or held in care, custody and control by the insured
- Professional fees, plans and documents
- Expediting expenses
- Off-site storage and inland transit
Premium Payment Procedure
- Loss or damage due to faulty design
- Defective material or casting
- Bad workmanship
- Loss or damage due to willful acts or willful negligence of the insured or of his representatives
- Consequential loss of any kind or description whatsoever, e.g. claims from penalties, losses due to delay, lack of performance, loss of contract
- Loss or damage due to war or warlike operations, civil commotion of any kind as well as acts on the part of strikers and locked-out persons
- Loss or damage due to nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation or radioactive contamination
Usually premium is paid through cheque or demand draft addressed to Adamjee Insurance Company Limited to it's designated offices anywhere in Pakistan and UAE.
Claim Reporting Process
Essential documents for lodging claim:
Defects in documents affecting claim:
- Duly filled-in, signed and stamped Claim Form
- Incident report
- Provision of a valid policy document covering the
- Police report (F.I.R.) for theft/ burglary cases
- Delay in intimating the claim
- Non-provisions of claim form
- Wrong description of item affected / damaged
- Non provision of bills
- Non provision of F.I.R. in case of theft / burglary
|[ TOP ]