|Erections All-Risk's (EAR) Insurance provides cover against all the risks involved in the erection of machinery, plant and steel structures.
This branch of engineering insurance offers comprehensive and adequate protection against all the risks involved in the erection of machinery, plant and steel structures of any kind, including surrounding property and third-party claims in respect of property damage or bodily injury arising in connection with the execution of a project.
Section 1: Material Damage
EAR insurance provides very wide cover. Almost any sudden and unforeseen loss or damage occurring to the property insured on the erection site including the surrounding property in the care and custody of the insured leading to repair or replacement during the period of insurance will be indemnified.
The insurer will indemnify loss or damage due to the following causes:
Section 2: Third Party Liability
- Fire, lightning, explosion.
- Flood, inundation
- Windstorm of any kind
- Theft, burglary
- Faults in erection
- Negligence, lack of skill, lack of experience, malicious acts
- Short-circuit, arcing, excess voltage
- Excess pressure or vacuum, tearing apart on account of centrifugal force
- Any other sudden and unforeseen event such as loss or damage due to collapse, foreign objects, on-site transport of items to be erected, etc
This section indemnifies the insured against liability at law for damages and claimant's costs and expenses due to bodily injury and / or death of any third party person and / or damage to third party property, arising from an accident during the period of insurance caused by the activities of the insured whilst performing duties on the project site as described in the policy schedule.
Other Related Products
- Loss or damage due to faulty design
- Defective material or casting
- Defects in workmanship
- Loss or damage due to willful acts or willful negligence of the insured or their representatives
- Consequential loss of any kind or description whatsoever e.g. claims from penalties, losses due to delay, lack of performance, loss of contract
- Loss or damage due to war or warlike operations, civil commotion of any kind as well as acts on the part of strikers and locked-out persons
- Loss or damage due to nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation or radioactive contamination
Premium Payment Procedure
- Contractor’s Plant and Equipment Insurance
- Advance Loss of Profit Following EAR Insurance
Usually premium is paid through cheque or demand draft addressed to Adamjee Insurance Company Limited to it's designated offices anywhere in Pakistan and UAE.
Claim Reporting Process
Essential documents for lodging claim:
Defects in documents affecting claim:
- Duly filled-in, signed and stamped Claim Form
- Incident report
- Provision of a valid policy document covering the
- Police report (F.I.R.) for theft/ burglary cases
- Delay in intimating the claim
- Non-provisions of claim form
- Wrong description of item affected / damaged
- Non provision of bills
- Non provision of F.I.R. in case of theft / burglary
|[ TOP ]