|Contractors All Risk Insurance provides your construction site the protection you need against minor or major accidents.
This branch of engineering insurance offers comprehensive and adequate protection against all the risks involved in the construction of civil works of any kind, including surrounding property and third-party claims in respect of property damage or bodily injury arising in connection with the execution of a project.
Section 1 Material Damage
CAR insurance provides very wide cover. Almost any sudden and unforeseen loss or damage occurring to the property insured on the construction site including surrounding property in the care and custody of the insured leading to repair or replacement during the period of insurance will be indemnified. The insurer will indemnify loss or damage due to the following causes:
Section 2 Third Party Liability
- Fire, lightning, explosion
- Flood, inundation
- Windstorm of any kind
- Theft, burglary
- Negligence, lack of skill, lack of experience, malicious acts
- Short-circuit, arcing, excess voltage
- Excess pressure or vacuum, tearing apart on account of centrifugal force
- Any other sudden and unforeseen event such as loss or damage due to collapse, foreign objects, on-site transport of items to be constructed, etc.
This section indemnifies the insured against liability at law for damages and claimant’s costs and expenses due to bodily injury and / or death of any third party person and / or damage to third party property, arising from an accident during the period of insurance caused by the activities of the insured whilst performing duties on the project site as described in the policy schedule.
Other Products Available
- Loss or damage due to faulty design
- Defective material or casting
- Defects in workmanship
- Loss or damage due to willful acts or willful negligence of the insured or of his representatives
- Consequential loss of any kind or description whatsoever, e.g. claims from penalties, losses due to delay, lack of performance, loss of contract
- Loss or damage due to war or warlike operations, civil commotion of any kind as well as acts on the part of strikers and locked-out persons
- Loss or damage due to nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation or radioactive contamination
Premium Payment Procedure
- Contractor’s Plant and Equipment Insurance
- Advance Loss of Profit Following CAR Insurance
Premium payment can be made through cash, cheque, pay order, demand draft, telex transfer to the Adamjee Insurance office.
Essential documents for lodging claim:
Defects in documents affecting claim:
- Duly filled-in, signed and stamped Claim Form
- Incident report
- Provision of a valid policy document covering the
- Police report (F.I.R.) for theft/ burglary cases
- Delay in intimating the claim
- Non-provisions of claim form
- Wrong description of item affected / damaged
- Non provision of bills
- Non provision of F.I.R. in case of theft / burglary
|[ TOP ]